If you have your own in-house trainers, this is often a very cost-effective way of delivering training. However in terms of quality, it is essential to ensure that your training team is as well-prepared and skilled as possible. Refreshing and extending their knowledge and skills is vital in order to ensure that they are able to deliver the best possible training to your employees.
We have worked with numerous organisations to help them develop their in-house training expertise. Whether in a one-day session or over several modules, we are able to create very practical sessions to enhance the skills of your team.
We deliver trainer development sessions at every level from fundamental skills to advanced master classes for experienced trainers. Our sessions can cover a whole range of knowledge and skills depending on the requirements of your team.
We can deliver a range of in-house courses for different requirements including;
- Training Design and Delivery Skills
- Cartooning for Trainers – ideal for training team development days
- Advanced Training Skills – bespoke sessions – ideal for experienced trainers
Our approach is to tailor our courses to the specific needs of each client. However the example course description below indicates the finds of skills that we offer to trainers and the benefits gained.
FUNDAMENTALS OF TRAINING DESIGN
(example course description)
Professional Trainer Development Programme
Two Day Workshop (plus follow-up day)
As a trainer you may be required to design and deliver a wide range of training courses. These may include interpersonal, business and managerial skills along with courses of a more technical nature. Whatever the requirement, you will need to be able to effectively identify training needs and design cost-effective programmes.
You may have attended courses in the past that appealed to some people but not others. Perhaps you have found that some courses lacked structure or were too theoretical. This workshop will teach you how to design and run courses that will engage all participants. You will learn how to structure training sessions in ways that make it easy and enjoyable for participants to learn.
What Will You Learn?
Objectives: By the end of the two days you will be able to:-
- Identify training needs and learning objectives
- Effectively design training programmes to ensure maximum learning for individuals
- Ensure that you meet the different learning styles of your participants
Specifically you will learn
- How people learn and how to recognise people’s different learning styles
- How to identify your own learning style and take account of this in your training
- How to accurately identify training needs
- How to write specific objectives for a training course
- How to design training using a systematic process
- How to use creativity and imagination in training design
- How to deliver training in a way that suits everyone’s learning style
- How to design exercises and activities to enhance learning
- How to ensure maximum participation from people
How Will You Learn?
The programme is highly practical. It will involve a combination of inputs with opportunities to put the skills into action. You will receive personal coaching throughout the course.
Immediately after the course you will be asked to design a new training session. This will be run at a follow-up day where feedback and coaching is provided.
What are the benefits of learning these skills?
You will be able to design and deliver effective training, whether running a one-hour seminar or a course of several days duration. It will be easier for you to formulate ideas when you are up against time constraints. You will also be confident in undertaking new training assignments with a broad range of techniques at your disposal.
Click here to download a PDF version