Delivering excellent customer service is vital for success in any business. Every business wants to attract new customers, but the effort also needs to be placed on keeping customers you already have. The cost of losing a customer is often immense given their potential lifetime value.
Success not only in gaining customers, but in keeping them, depends on your ability to deliver exceptional levels of service and create positive experience for the customer.
We have specialists who have years of experience in helping organisations all around the world to deliver excellent levels of service.
As well as providing advice and guidance, we offer in-house workshops to on achieving excellence in levels of service.
Our workshops are always created individually for clients. The following example course description will give a good insight into the highly practical skills that are typically included and help our clients to raise their standards of customer service.
Enhancing the customer experience, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
Two Day Workshop
Providing excellent service is fundamental to remaining competitive in business. However, really successful organisations need to stand out from the others to win new business and maintain it. Whether you are established or new, it is vital to continually enhance your customers’ experience at all customer contact points.
Effective and memorable experiences are often based on how customers feel they were treated at the time. During these two days you will discover how to create those positive first and lasting impressions face to face, on the telephone and in writing. In addition you will be able to turn round challenging situations by taking control sensitively and resolving them successfully.
What Will You Learn?
Objectives: By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Enhance your customers’ experience making it more memorable and positive
- Use more influential language in your communication
- Manage your own responses when facing demanding situations, and not take things personally
- Apply the principles of handling customer dissatisfaction and complaints
Specifically you will learn how to:
- Create a memorable service face-to-face, over the telephone and in writing
- Exceed your customers’ expectations to gain and retain customer loyalty
- Provide a personalised service to individuals without compromising your consistency
- Take control of customer conversations and guide them to a positive close
- Use ‘shortfalls’ as a way to improve service for the future
- Control your reactions when facing challenging situations
- Turn around dissatisfied customers
- Refuse customer requests and still maintain their business
- Turn complaints into compliments
- Give unwelcome news to a customer positively and proactively
- Manage extreme customer behaviour professionally
- Handle ‘put downs’ assertively
How Will You Learn?
The workshop is highly practical including group work, discussions and individual exercises. You will have plenty of opportunity to practise the skills and will receive professional coaching and feedback. Telephone recording equipment may be used to reinforce learning.
What are the Benefits?
You will be able to use these skills immediately face to face, over the telephone and when you write emails or letters. You will feel confident and energised in your ability to manage your customers’ experience, and not react or take things personally when facing more challenging situations. Your enhanced approach will help your organisation to gain and maintain business success.
Click here to download PDF