For anyone who manages others, coaching skills are the key to unlocking potential. Your ability to coach others is the lever that raises performance and achieves results. Effective coaching of individuals and teams will enable you to not only improve standards, but also create a motivating atmosphere in which people’s ideas are valued and they feel confident to use their talents to the full.In many situations the people working for you may be more knowledgeable than yourself in their areas of expertise. Successful coaching therefore is not reliant not on your knowledge of a given subject, but on your ability to facilitate the thinking of others. Incisive coaching questions can help people to solve problems and make breakthroughs that they never thought possible and achieve positive results for your organisation.
We have extensive experience in training leaders and managers in the skills of coaching at work. Whether considering these during appraisal time, or as everyday skills, we can help you.
Courses are designed to meet the needs of each client. However, the example course description below which will give you a good idea of what is typically included and the skills gained.
MOTIVATIONAL PERFORMANCE COACHING
Enhancing Performance through Feedback and Coaching
Two Day Workshop
The development of people is critical to success in any organisation. The ability to provide feedback and coaching to others are key skills in this context. Regular feedback is vital to help people understand what they can do to improve performance. Well-delivered feedback helps people to analyse their performance and identify practical actions for improvement.
Effective coaching is a highly efficient and motivating way in which ongoing development can take place. Coaching encourages people to think for themselves rather than always being dependent on you for answers. The process helps you to unlock the knowledge and wisdom of others. A well-structured feedback and coaching discussion encourages two-way communication and increases involvement and personal responsibility. By helping people to recognise their own potential you will find they become more interested and fulfilled in their work as they help you to achieve your business objectives.
What Will You Learn?
Objectives: By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Help others to understand the value of feedback and its links to improved performance
- Give clear feedback in everyday situations and in performance review sessions
- Use a simple yet powerful approach to coaching and developing others
- Apply the principles of coaching and feedback in many different situations
Specifically you will learn how to:
- Develop a receptive attitude to feedback and encourage others to see its benefits
- Use a structured and systematic approach to giving feedback in sessions
- Be clear and specific when delivering feedback
- Help people learn from the past while keeping the focus on the future
- Write feedback for more formal sessions such as the appraisal process
- Use language that motivates even when giving difficult messages
- Help others to receive feedback in ways that maximise their ownership of the learning
- Use coaching skills to help people move forward on their development areas
- Use coaching questions to help people overcome blocks in their thinking
- Increase your flexibility by using different coaching styles
- Increase people’s level of ownership for performance objectives
- Apply coaching skills to facilitate problem solving
How Will You Learn?
The workshop is highly practical and will comprise a mixture of inputs, group work, discussions and individual exercises. You will have plenty of opportunity to practise the skills and receive professional coaching and feedback.
What are the Benefits?
You will be able to use these skills immediately in many everyday situations. You will feel confident in your ability to deliver effective feedback in performance review meetings and on many other occasions. Your effective coaching skills will help people to develop themselves and their careers and to solve problems. These skills will enable you to contribute to the effectiveness of others and the overall success of your organisation as a whole.
Click here to download PDF