Present them with a sketch!
Why draw your ideas when presenting?
There is a world of difference between simply presenting pre-prepared images and drawing ‘live’ as you speak.
· People love to see a picture emerge from a blank sheet.
· You will capture attention as you speak and draw.
· A picture is worth a thousand words – they will remember your pictures!
The moment you move your pen on the paper, those watching are hooked.
“The capacity of recognition memory for pictures is almost limitless.”
Lionel Standing – from ‘Learning 10 000 pictures’ – article in The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology.
The good news – the drawings don’t have to be brilliant. Even very simple, roughly-drawn sketches will stay in the memory. See my demonstration below.
Watch my Quick Tip Video – Learn how to present ideas with a sketch!
Just have a go
Next time you need to present an idea, just have a go at using some simple pictures to go with your words. You will be amazed at how well it works.
Learn more techniques in
‘The Art of Business Communication’
by Graham Shaw
As featured in:
- WH Smith Business Book Chart
- Pearson Business Book of the Month
- Amazon 100 Bestsellers in Business Communication Skills
Learn to draw pictures, charts and graphics to make your message stick!
Click here to find out more.